A new opening has been created in the Artelia UK Multi-Site team as the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental lead (HSSE) on a key client contract. The contract has been running for several years in the fuel retail sector and encompasses the project team delivering sites throughout the UK (mainland only) on a significant long-term…
A new opening has been created in the Artelia UK Multi-Site team as the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental lead (HSSE) on a key client contract. The contract has been running for several years in the fuel retail sector and encompasses the project team delivering sites throughout the UK (mainland only) on a significant long-term roll out programme. The programme includes such activities as civils projects, shop fit outs, infrastructure upgrades and working with new technologies such as EV chargers and alternate fuels. You would be joining a large well-established programme team who have a track record of delivering award winning challenging projects on behalf of our client.
This is an exciting opportunity and we are seeking someone who is passionate about making difference through HSSE.
You should ideally have the following attributes:
• Be prepared to lead HSSE activities on behalf of the team and the client
• Have proven track record for working well in teams
• Being able and willing to professionally present to the client, team and contractors
• Be prepared to drive behavioural changes in the programme
• Be prepared to work as part of a global organisation and share lessons learnt through the client’s global network
As part of this role the candidate will be:
• Responsible for creating and delivering the programme HSSE Strategy , including the identification of new initiatives and specific deliverables
• Monitoring and reporting progress against strategy. This will be in the form of a monthly written report to be submitted to the client.
• Attending monthly client meetings (PMC)
• Carrying out periodic contractor accreditations from office audits to site inspections;
• Ensuring ongoing compliance with the client’s Global Control Framework, including systems management and to provide demonstrable evidence of successful control implementation.
• Being accountable (but not necessarily responsible) for the coordination and issuing of client requested Health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) data
• Ensuring compliance and managing ongoing improvement of the online training platform
• Coordinating developing and distributing lessons learnt
• Encouraging best practice and actively training project managers on occupational health, behavioural and compliance safety
• Conduct permit issuer training as and when required
• Carry out accident investigations (HFACS) including production of report and lessons learnt
• Coordination of client safety days
• Represent and lead presentations at the local and area contractor safety council meetings
• Mentor young professionals coming through the business
• Participate and lead responses in client and global business audit
• Carryout periodic site inspections
• Prepared to travel to London regularly for meetings. Artelia UK is flexible in its approach to office or home-based working
NEBOSH National General Certificate – minimum (Tech IOSH) working towards Chartered status ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Ideal but not necessary – UKPIA training & CSCS card
Be able to prepare and present presentations for the senior client meetings which are held quarterly. The standard format is power-point. Power BI knowledge would be an advantage but not a necessity.
Moderate skill level in using Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Sharepoint
In exchange, we are offering a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including 5% pension, Life Insurance, full private Medical Insurance and a Medical Cash Plan (including optical and dental cover), childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes, membership to My Artelia Benefits offering shopping discounts, savings on cinema tickets, hotel bookings and insurances. You will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and 2 days charity leave each year. We also have a number of fun social events throughout the year so you will quickly feel like part of the team!
Artelia is an Equal Opportunities Employer, giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination.
If you are interested in applying for the position please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 September 2020
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK